Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spring Break

Hello all. Talk about being behind on posts....

There are many things I have done that I haven't hat a chance to blog about, so if you don't mind I will be doing a little retroactive blogging when I get back to Florence. For now I just want to update you all on what I'm doing.

Right now I'm sitting in my hostel in Dublin on my last day in Ireland. We've been staying in hostels since we got here and this one is by far the best. The staff is so friendly, the place is cute, and there's free internet! Seriouesly, hostels are not horror stories or anything. It's a great way to see the world for not that much money. Anyway, we have all be loving Ireland. I'm here with my friends Katie, Dana, and Chelsea. We were in Dublin Friday, Cork Saturday and Sunday, and back in Dublin today.

We've just been experiencing the culture (yes, that means pubs). Yesterday we had the best afternoon at Blarney Castle where we all kissed the stone. It's a bit scary--you have to lay on your back and a guy that works there helps you lean off the castle backwards and kiss the stone upside down. It's an experience. We were so lucky because the weather was gorgeous and from the top of the castle we could see for miles. Also, the grounds were absolutey beautiful. Ireland is awesome! The people are friendly, the sights are beautiful, and talk about beautiful countryside.

Tomorrow Katie, Dana, and I will be flying down to Nice (Chelsea is going to go stay with a friend in Scotland) and staying there tomorrow night. We will then proceed to Avignon for a night and then Montpellier for a night before we take the train to Barcelona for our last weekend. I'm sure we'll be dead by the end of all this but it is so worth it.

Anyway, that is what's going on. I am taking tons of pictures and writing down stories so I will have plenty of things to tell when I get home. Love you all!

7 comments:

  1. NOOOOOO!!!!! your soo luckyy!!! i want to go! oh yea... sorry but people pee on the blarney stone. :)
    ok so I WENT TO MY JESSE MCCARTNEY CONCERT!!!! ahhh it was beyond amazing!!! well we were sitting kind of in the back but me and my friend ran up to the stage so we were like RIGHT IN FRONT!!! ahhhh. he was like a foot away im not kidding! and i took 27 videos.. hehe :) and my friend got really good pictures so ill have to show you them when you get back. ahhh it was amazing!!! theres already some videos on youtube-- if you want to see them type in jesse mccartney atlantic city 2009!! hope your having a WONDERFUL time!! oh yea we have a foot of snow here!! NO SCHOOL TODAY!
    p.s. 19 DAYS TIL TWILIGHT COMES ON DVD!!i already preordered it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, honey- i don't have exciting news like team edward, but I will post anyway. Sounds like a great time. Definitely makes me want to visit Ireland. Have you had any good food there? How are the pubs? Can't wait to talk with you when you are back "home" in Florence.
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to go to Ireland! Maybe Team Edward & I will get there next year. Any good scones?...Irish breafasts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ireland has been a place I've wanted to visit after seeing a friend's photos of the countryside many years ago. I never knew there could be so many shades of green. Maybe Aunt Janet can create a British Isles tour for the family. We can meet her and team edward there.(I heard the same thing about the Blarney Stone)
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I also heard that you could get herpes from the Blarney Stone so I'm pretty sure they're all rumors. I guess you could but it would take some significant maneuvering involving a life-threatening situation and some pee that really has some force behind it. Basically, it would be nearly impossible...

    Anyway, you all should go to Ireland! I keep on thinking about how much Daddy especially would love it. Grandma Carroll is from Cork so we do probably have relatives here. Yes, the Irish are as hospitable as rumored. THey are some of the nicest people and make the funniest drunks by far.

    As for the food, we had some traditional fish and chips that are apparently the best in Cork. The piece of Haddock I had was delicious. It was a very "Anthony Bourdain" dinner--the place was not nice, only take away, and really crazy, but it was so authentic and so good. We all felt a little sick afterwards with all the fried food, though. I also had a mini Irish breakfast for brunch on Sunday which was delicious. Dublin aslo has a lot of Asian restaurants that are really good--there's a high immigrant population here. We also went to this bakery today called "Queen of Tarts" where I had the best merengue I've ever eaten and we grabbed some scones for our trip to the airport (which is in about three hours from now...).

    On to Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you have a traditional Irish breakfast of Lucky Charms with a little Guinness poured on top? That's what MY family has every year on St. Patrick's Day.

    HAHA I think I'm so funny. Hope you're having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, the traditional Irish breakfast consists of sausage, bacon, rashers, a fried egg, white and black pudding, toast, and a tomato. I had a "mini" Irish breakfast in Cork. I don´t think I saw any Lucky Charms there, but plenty of Guinness (yummmm). I´m in Barcelona now, getting ready to wrap break up. It´s been delightfully crazy and exhausting and I´m both ready and sad to see it come to an end. I will provide as many details as I can.

    ReplyDelete